Ben's Famous Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, or bison
- 1 large white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 can or bottle of beer
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 or 2 serrano or jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 15 ounce cans kidney beans
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini or other white beans
- 2.5 tablespoons Ben's Famous Chili Mix (email email@example.com for more information)
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add meat and saute until brown.
- Add the onion to the pot and stir it into the meat.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beer, coffee, peppers, and tomato paste.
- Add 2.5 tablespoons Ben's Famous Chili Mix and kidney beans.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, for 1 hour.
- Add white beans to the pot and simmer on very low heat, partly covered and
stirring occasionally, for 2 more hours.